What is Structr?
Structr (pronounced 'structure') is a CMS and web framework for mobile and web applications based on the graph database Neo4j.
It was designed to simplify the creation and operation of graph database applications by providing a comprehensive Java API with a built-in feature set common to most use cases, like e.g. authentication, users and groups, constraints and validation, etc..
All custom-built features are automatically exposed through a flexible RESTful API which enables developers to build sophisticated web or mobile apps based on Neo4j within just hours.
Twitter StreamTweets by @structr
The latest developer snapshot is available as Debian package (.deb) or platform-independent (-dist.tar.gz) file:
0.9-SNAPSHOT on Maven Central
We released 0.8.2.
Release 0.8.2 has some major improvements. (Blog post). We recommend anyone to upgrade to 0.8.2.
- Backend: Faster transactions, tx deadlock detection, bug fixes
- UI: Enhanced security concept, local storage instead of cookies, many bug fixes
- Neo4j 1.9 GA, fully tested and supported with JDK 7
- structr-rest uses GZIP compression per default, enable/disable JSON indentation per config switch
- structr-ui supports external authorization via OAuth2 with predefined classes for GitHub, Google, and Facebook, enhanced permission settings through UI
new Maven archetype project for structr-ui projects, PING command to keep Websocket connections open in structr-ui
- 1017 files changed, 116014 insertions(+), 35648 deletions(-)
- New transaction handling in structr-core
- Export/import command for backup and seeding
- New registration and authentification options in structr-ui
- Streaming suppport for REST API
- Bug fixes
- New graph visualization (experimental)
- Date range queries via REST API
- REST queries as rendering data sources
- Major release
- 1590 files changed, 113935 insertions(+), 157409 deletions(-)
- Maintenance release (bug fixes only)
- 42 files changed, 287 insertions(+), 778 deletions(-)
The latest stable version is 0.8.2.
Development of Structr began in May 2010. The first versions v0.1 and v0.2 were internal proof-of-concept versions, not publicly available.
On May 31, 2011, structr was made public. The complete source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/structr/structr
Release 0.7 on Neo4j 1.9 GA
Release 0.8 is out, containing a lot of changes to the UI.
structr.org runs on 0.7.M01
Bugfix release 0.7.1 is out
Milestone 0.7.M03 released
Second milestone 0.7.M02 released.
Blog post: Impressions from GraphConnect SF
Blog post: Release 0.8.2